Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blogger Fun in GA :)

Last Friday, I headed to Atlanta to meet up with a few of my sweet blogger friends- Erica Bohrer, Deanna Jump, and Cheryl Saoud! I had been counting down the weeks, days, minutes, and seconds to meet these amazing ladies face to face! As I pulled into the hotel parking lot, I was excited, full of adrenaline...and yes, a bit nervous to be completely honest! It felt surreal to be there in that precious moment just steps away from them. finally.

As soon as I walked into the room {after lots of hugs, giggles, and smiles}, we all instantly connected as though we'd been friends forever. We chatted and chatted until we realized that we hadn't even thought about what to do for dinner & it was almost 7:30! HA! We eventually made it to a nice restaurant in Buckhead called Dantanna's. They had the BEST, melt in your mouth, delish steak, but y'all the conversation was WAY better!!! It never stopped....you know how it is when teachers get together.

After dinner, we headed back to the hotel where we had a little slumber party! I knew it was going to be a late night for us!! We chatted about our classrooms, teaching experiences, families, creating materials, etc!! Loved every second of it. Around midnight, the yawning & sleepy eyes took over. After Deanna & Cheryl left to get some beauty sleep, Erica & I were still slumber partying it up until like 2:00ish. I swear, we could have talked all night. We had to force ourselves to turn off the lights to get ready for a BIG day full of meeting more blogging friends for lunch!!

You would think we would've had sore throats and have been exhausted on Sat. morning..NOPE! We both jumped out of bed & got ready to enjoy the finest complimentary hotel breakfast I've ever had...fresh omelets, waffles, bacon, coffee, & another amazing chat session!!! Oh my goodness, I was in teacher HEAVEN!!!

A few hours later, we met up with Hope King from Second Grade Shenanigans, Ashley Nichols from The Polka Dot Patch, Jenaya Shaw from The Lesson Plan Diva, and Dana from 3rd Grade Gridiron. All of these ladies are just FABULOUS & you should check out their blogs!!
We rode together to The Cheesecake Factory in style!! This was a first for me. I didn't even ride in a limo to my prom.
You can tell we were having FUN!!!
 Love this picture of all of us!

We had even more fun at lunch....
The Whole Blog Lovin' Crew!!

 Deanna, Erica, & me


 Jenaya, Dana, Cheryl, & Hope

Ashley, Erica, & Deanna


 Ashley & me

 LOVE my roomie, Erica!!!

And here are some more cute random shots....

Don't we look cool?!?! lol

A big thank you to Doodle Bugs Paper for the cutest personalized stationary sets she donated to us!!
And all the wonderful gifts that I haven't taken pictures of yet!!

What a BLAST!! I already miss everyone & can't wait for our next meet up!

XOXOXOXO

18 comments:

Erica Bohrer said...

<3 you roomie!!! Cannot wait to hang out again. It was a wonderful weekend!

Kathleen said...

Jealous!!

Dana said...

I had a fabulous time with you ladies! Can't wait to do it again! Hope you're having a great week!

Dana

erin. said...

Looks like an awesome time!! The next blogger meet up should be in NY- I'd love to meet each of you even though I don't have a teacher blog.

Hope your having a fabulous week,
:) Erin

Deanna Jump said...

Anna, I had so much fun getting to know you! I feel like we are all great friends and I can't wait to see y'all again! LOVE you!!!

Sarah Paul said...

That looks like so much fun! What a fun group!
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Jodi said...

I am insanely jealous. It looks like you guys had a great time!

Jodi
fun-in-first.blogspot.com

sydney said...

I'm very bummed I missed out on the announcement of this get together. I live right in Atlanta. Maybe next time.

Laura said...

Great pics! Looks like y'all had a blast! You are too cute, Anna!!


Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

Jaycee Weaver and Lohren Nolan said...

You guys all look so cute! I love reading your blog! Come check my new blog at

totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

Lohren Nolan

Doodle Bugs Paper said...

awwww Anna! Thanks so much for the little shout out! I hope you had a great weekend! I really wanted to be there- but gifts had to take my place!

Kacey
Doodle Bugs Teaching
Doodle Bugs Paper

blogcenter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blogcenter said...

Awesome such a colour full n great post
carpet cleaners Bonney Lake

Ginger Snaps said...

I am so jealous! I didn't know about it!

Kreative in Kinder said...

How awesome is that!!!!

Mrs. Dwyer said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! SO awesome!!!

~Tanya

Dana Lester said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful time! A great group of bloggers! I am your newest follower, I hope you will go stop by mine and follow it!

Dana
www.funin1stgrade.blogspot.com

Barbara Dent said...

I'm impressed, I have to say. Actually hardly ever do I encounter a weblog that's equally educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you may have strike the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding the issue is one thing that not sufficient individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my find for anything referring to this.
atlanta limo service
atlanta limousines