Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Freebies & ABC Order

Hey everyone! Christie here from First Grade Fever! I was sooo excited when Anna asked me to be a guest blogger (especially right before Halloween!) I just LOVE this time of year-there are so many super-cute books and activities that I feel like I need about 2 months to get them all done! And then what do I do??? Yep, you guessed it...head to the blogging world and find oodles more amazing ideas! One of our favorite books during October is "Skeleton Meets the Mummy" by Steve Metzger. My firsties just love this story about a skeleton being tricked by his best friend before they go out trick-or-treating! Hopefully you can squeeze some of these activities in on Monday-if not...just save it for next year!

Just click the pic to link to your FREEBIE activities!


This year I decided to add "ABC Order Reporter" board to our morning meeting/calendar time. And I am soooo glad I did-the kids love this (and they don't even realize that they are becoming experts at alphabetizing!) It's nothing real fancy or complicated-looks like this...

I bought one of those goofy little microphones from the Target Dollar Bin & I announce..."It's time for A...B....C.....O-r-d-e-r  R-E-P-O-R-T-E-RRRRRR! (with my announcer-type voice, really stretching those words out!) Then I ask for the students to think of one of our spelling words or word wall words and they have to spell it to me. Then I write it on a post-it. After we have about 6-7 words I have them figure out which comes first, second, etc...  They LOVE doing this & are so good at it already! So simple, but really makes a big difference!!! Anyone else have any quick lil morning meeting goodies that you would like to share? We'd love to hear about it!!!

I want to say "CONGRATS" to Anna on completing her graduate degree! What a huge accomplishment!!! And thanks so letting me be a guest blogger!!!


8 comments:

Hadar said...

Love that idea Christie! So cute!!

Anna Brantley said...

Thanks, Christie!!! Love your freebies and ideas :)XOXO

alp42883 said...

You are awesome!! I was totally looking for activities for this book!! Thank you!!!

mtraynum said...

I love these ideas!!! Thanks so much!

Mrs.Hacker said...

cute!!!

t. ulch said...

Thanks for the Skeleton Meets Mummy activities! I am going to look for this book so I can use this next year!

Holly said...

I just gave you the Blog on Fire award...stop by and check it out!!

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Brandon K.Carr said...

Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Very helpful info specifically the last part :) I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
Shakespeare 5207 8' CB Antenna