Sunday, June 5, 2011

The BEST thing I learned this year!


Sweet Miss Kindergarten is having a linky party!! What's the BEST thing I learned this year?!?!?!
It's my differentiated Reading Response station. I absolutely love it! This is located right above my little listening station. After a student listens to a story, they pick out a reading response sheet from their level. There are two choices from each level because I truly believe in the power of choice (with structure). I try my best to incorporate it into my daily routine as much as possible. As for the response sheets, I like to use graphic organizers from different resource books. I've made a packet of 25 higher order thinking reading response sheets that you can check out HERE. You should also check out Erica Bohrer's Reading Response Activity Sheets !! YAY Erica for creating this AMAZING resource!!! 

On a decorative note, I'm looking forward to making this station look SO much cuter than it did this year!! I admit...I kinda threw it up on the walls. I wasn't sure if it would work for my kiddos and didn't want to invest a ton of time if it was going to sink. I can't wait to have some makeover fun this summer now that I know it's a keeper!!!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!! I'm so excited about my newest set of math and literacy centers...let's just say it's SWEET!!! I should have it ready by the end of the week!! This is my favorite one y'all & I can't wait to share it with you!!

Happy Sunday!!!

7 comments:

Mrs. Daniels First Grade said...

Anna would you care to share your response sheets?
Tammy Daniels
Tam118dans@gmail.com

Anna Brantley said...

I mainly just use a bunch of graphic organizers from my "Graphic Organizer" folder. I can't scan them due to copyright laws. I do have a great packet of higher order thinking reading response on TpT! I also recommend using Erica's reading response sheets:)

Kristin Young said...

I just added your sheets to my TpT wishlist. As soon as I get paid...!!!! :) I love it. My kinders won't be able to use them until later in the year but this is a great way for them to demonstrate {ie help me PROVE} that we really do use HOTS in kindergarten!!

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

Kristin Young said...

Oh yeah...and I can't wait to see your new centers!! ;)

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

Lauren Morse said...

Differentiation is so hard to do well! I love your idea to have the folders stuck right on the wall, with a couple of choices for each level. I'd love to see how you change it this summer-- personally I think it looks just fine the way it is :) What a great idea-- and one I'll be copying!
Just Add Clipart

Jill said...

I like this idea too! Thanks for sharing.

Magnificent Multiagers!

Tammi said...

I love this idea. I have always used reading response journals with my 1st graders. Each prompt for the week was on a stick label and they stuck it in their composition notebook each week to respond. When I moved down to K last year I got ride of response journals even though I love them because I wasn't sure how exactly to manage it with my K kiddos (since not all of them are comfortable with free response). This graphic organizer system will work wonderfully! One of those simple but amazing solutions I wouldn't have thought of on my own. :) Not sure yet how I will have them store their completed pages. Have any tips? (I like to keep them in one spot so they can see their growth from the beginning of the year to the end.)

Tammi
http://havingfunk-1.blogspot.com/