Monday, May 16, 2011

Pirate Fun!!

This is my last week with my sweet first graders!! Only 4 more days left...I can't believe it!! We are still going strong and having a BLAST while working on our pirate themed centers/activities!! Here are descriptions and a few pictures of them!!

Pirate Editor- My *almost* 2nd graders had to correct the pirate themed sentences in this literacy center. They showed how they corrected each sentence on their recording sheet.

Making Words with "Shiver Me Timbers"- In this literacy center, my kiddos made as many words as they could with the letters in Shiver Me Timbers. Yo ho ho fun!!


Pirate's Mystery AR Words- In this literacy center, the students unscrambled each set of letters to reveal the mystery /ar/ words! Arghhhhh!!!

Pirate Read the Room with /ar/ & /or/ Words- My students can't get enough of my read the room activities. This one reinforced "the bossy R"!

Pirate Sentence Fun- In this literacy center, my smarties unscrambled the words to make a pirate themed complete sentence!

Pirate's Number Toss Game- In this math game, my students dropped two counters on the scroll game board. They used the numbers the counters landed on to make addition and subtraction sentences!!

Fair Trade Treasure- My sweet ones had a great fair trade review with this center! They had to match each pair of fair trades and show them on their recording sheet!



Pirate Place Value- In this math center, students had to show whether the underlined number on each card was in the ones or the tens place! Great place value review!!


All of these centers and more are in my Pirate Fun Math and Literacy Center Packet! You can swing by my TpT store to check it out {HERE}! A BIG thank you to everyone who has already gotten their copy!!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful evening!!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I can't believe you are almost out of school! You are so lucky! I hope you have a lovely week with your class :)

Kristen
Ladybug's Teacher Files

Jenn Bates said...

What a great packet! Have a terrific last week with your sweeties! Still 12 and half days here.
Jenn
http://finallyinfirst.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Pollard said...

So jealous!! I still have 17 days and they're already out of control! Ahhhh! I purchased your pirate pack on Teacher Appreciation Day. I haven't used it with the kids yet, but I'm sure they'll love it!

Suzanne said...

I purchased this during the sale and just printed it! Love it! We only have 5 days left too!

Anna Brantley said...

Thanks, y'all! This is one of my favorite themes!! So much fun!!!

Jenaya said...

So cute!!

www.lessonplandiva.blogspot.com